This week we look forward to the NEW YEAR!
In order to embrace the new, we must release the old. A trapeze artist cannot swing from one bar to another without letting go. An important part of preparing for the New Year is to review the past year—to release it—and to learn from it. The following questions might stimulate your thinking for this process. Feel free to add your own. You may want to write your answers in your journal.
- What did I learn? (skills, knowledge, awareness, etc.) What did I accomplish? (A list of my successes and achievements.)
- What were the most significant events of the year past? List the top three.
- What were the fun things I did? What were the not-so-fun?
- What were my biggest challenges/roadblocks/difficulties? What would I have done differently? Why?
- For what am I particularly grateful?
- What are my hopes and dreams for the year ahead?
HAPPY NEW YEAR ONE AND ALL! MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH ALL THE GRACES YOUR HEART DESIRES!
-Sister Valerie Sweeney, SND