End-of-Life Learning Series
Culture and Religion: How it Affects Decision-Making at End of Life
Friday, March 7, 2014
8:30 a.m. – Registration & continental breakfast
9:00-11:00 a.m. – Presentation
Join us for this unique and insightful panel of experts who will discuss the role of culture and religion for end-of-life care and decisions.
Participants will be able to:
• Define different religions.
• Discuss how these religions have influence over decision-making at end of life.
- Heidi Barham, MDiv, Spiritual Care Coordinator, Hospice of the Western Reserve
- Rev. Joseph Fortuna, STD, Pastor, Our Lady of the Lake Parish
- Imam Yusuf Rios, BA , Mosque Chagrin Valley Islamic Center
- Rev. Christine Smith, MDiv, Senior Pastor, Covenant Baptist Church
- Rabbi Edward Sukol, MAHL, The Shul: An Innovative Center for Jewish Outreach
Location: Jennings Center for Older Adults
10204 Granger Rd., Garfield Heights, OH 44125
Cost for Activity: $10
Continuing professional contact hours offered
To register or for more information, call 216.649.1976 or visit hospicewr.org/learningseries
Hospice of the Western Reserve, OLN-006-P, is approved as a provider unit of continuing education by
the Ohio Board of Nursing through the approver unit at the Ohio League for Nursing (OBN-006-92)
and provider unit status is valid through October, 2014. 2.0 contact hours. Hospice of the Western Reserve is approved by the State of Ohio’s Counselor, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapist Board to provide professional continuing education for social workers (RSX079403).2.0 contact hours
This program has been submitted to The Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to
provide board certified case managers with 2 clock hours. Program attendance at 80% for Nursing and 100% for Social Work and completion of the evaluation form is required to receive contact hours.
Presenter and Planning committee acknowledges no vested interest – There is no commercial support for this activity.