Jennings staff, like the rest of the world, continues to monitor the ever-changing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We are in communication with local, state and national organizations for strategies to detect and prevent the spread of COVID-19 as well as other viruses like influenza. The elderly and people with compromised immune systems are the most vulnerable.
In review of CDC guidelines, Jennings is taking proactive measures for prevention and preparation in case the virus impacts our community. We also rely on each individual – including family members and visitors – to help keep us healthy, with particular concern for the most frail. Please cooperate with preventive measures, as suggested by best practices:
- Do not visit if you have recently traveled internationally or to a high risk area in the United States, or if you have recently been exposed to someone with symptoms of COVID-19. Refrain from visiting for approximately 14 days from such an event.
- Do not visit a loved one if you are feeling ill or have recently spent time with someone who has symptoms of any infectious disease.
Use personal prevention/protection methods at all times, whether at home, work, school, community events, or elsewhere:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; dry hands with a clean towel or air dry hands.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.