Ask one of our volunteers why he or she participates, and you will hear, “I love volunteering here! It let’s me do something I love to do, and I know that what I do is really valuable and appreciated.” Our magnificent community of volunteers at Jennings helps us to complete our collaborative and holistic approach to care or enable you to share your talents and skills.
Click here for our most requested volunteer opportunities.
Who Can Participate?
Our vibrant volunteer program supplements the staff to provide an abundance of one-on-one services and social programs. We encourage anyone who is willing to share their time to volunteer in our programs. At Jennings, our volunteers are an extension of the Jennings family. Some ideal participants include:
- Adults who enjoy helping others
- High school students needing to complete community service hours
- College students
- Confirmation candidates
- Vocational programs
- Special needs student
- Participants of Displaced Homemaker Programs
What can Service Learning Volunteers Do?
There are many activities and caregiving opportunities with Jennings seniors. These include:
- Friendly visits: one-on-one visits with a resident
- Game & Things Program: Coordinate various table games such as checkers, Yahtzee, Kismit, cards, Uno, etc.
- Hands Helping Hands Program: This program modifies standard manicures, adapting to residentsí daily needs. This may consist of light filing, application and removal of nail polish, and arm/hand massage.
- Fun and Movement Program: Coordinate movement games such as bean bag toss, ball toss, hall/table bowling, etc.
- Fun and Pets Program: Jennings is home to several friendly sea/air/land creatures that provide our residents with the opportunity to love and nurture. Join the residents in the care and visit with these friendly animals.
- Special Event Assistants: Assist staff with one-time events for fundraising, holidays and special fun events.
- Resident Transportation: Mobilize residents to and from the beauty shop, rehabilitation services, morning, mass, afternoon Rosary, etc.
- Clean and Soft Program: Assist laundry staff in folding and organizing laundry.
Volunteer internships are available in the following areas:
- Nursing students
- Medical secretary
- Social work students
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy students
- Nutritional services
- Early childhood education
- Customer service/reception
- Retail/gift shop
If you are interested in learning more about any of our volunteer opportunities please contact Volunteer Services at 216-581-2900.