Our priority is the health and wellness of individuals we serve and the staff who serves them. Out of an abundance of caution and at the recommendation of the Director of Health at the Ohio Department of Health, visitors are not permitted at this time.
Jennings staff, like the rest of the world, continues to monitor the ever-changing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We are in communication with local, state and national organizations for strategies to detect and prevent the spread of COVID-19 as well as other viruses like influenza. The elderly and people with compromised immune systems are the most vulnerable. Therefore we are not permitting visitors at this time and we are taking precautions to prevent this disease.
- Families of assisted living residents can now sign up for an outdoor visit. Details here: jenningsohio.org/carhop
(At this time, restrictions have not been lifted for nursing home residents.)
- Click here to sign up for video chats
Jennings has alternatives with our technological resources and encourage patience and compassion to help us maintain an environment of wellness. Call us to find out about these options to connect with your loved one.
- Check out our online Gift Shoppe
Certain greetings and gifts, as well as some daily necessities, may be purchased online for delivery to a resident living in the assisted living and long-term care residences at Jennings’ Garfield Heights campus.
- Scroll down for news items
In review of CDC guidelines, Jennings is taking proactive measures for preventing this virus and preparation in case the virus impacts our community. We also rely on each individual to help keep us healthy, out of particular concern for the most frail. Please practice these preventive measures to maintain your own wellness:
Use personal prevention/protection methods at all times, whether at home, work, school, community events, or elsewhere:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; dry hands with a clean towel or air dry hands.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.