Jennings was one of many northeast Ohio organizations that participated in the inaugural Greater Cleveland Caucus, which convened a broad group of Greater Clevelanders to discuss key issues impacting our region, brainstorm community priorities, and connect with organizations working to address these community challenges.
Caucus areas and speakers included:
- Education & Youth Development: Eric Gordon – Chief Executive Officer, Cleveland Metropolitan School District
- Environment: Jenita McGowan – Chief of Sustainability, City of Cleveland
- Health: Sonja Harris-Haywood – Director, NEOMED-CSU Partnership for Urban Health
- Housing + Neighborhoods: Erika Anthony – Senior Director of Advocacy, Policy & Research, Cleveland Neighborhood Progress
- Inclusion: Population + Demographics: Joe Cimperman – Incoming President, Global Cleveland
- Jobs + Economy: Eric Diamond – Executive Vice President of Lending, Economic Community Development Institute (ECDI)
- Safety: Ron Soeder – President, Boys & Girls Clubs of Cleveland
- Transportation + Infrastructure: Grace Gallucci – Executive Director, Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA)
Following the speakers, participants collaborated in tables around these topics and discussed ideas and solutions. City Club CEO Dan Moulthrop facilitated the event and kept the conversation moving. Attendees could also visit Jennings and other organizations who were represented in the Organization Fair. Find out more about results and future events at https://www.clevelandfoundation.org/about/caucus/ .