Jennings is honored to recognize the volunteers who selflessly give of their time and compassion. This year has changed our ability to welcome volunteers each day, and we miss their joyful participation in our ministry. Though pandemic did not allow us to celebrate with our annual volunteer luncheon, we continued with recognizing honorees for two annual volunteer awards: the 2019 Mildred McIntyre Volunteer of The Year and the Resident Council Best Volunteer awards. Jennings honored them each privately to adhere to safety precautions.
Resident Council Volunteer Choice: Lois Puky
Lois has been a Gift Shoppe Volunteer since April 1996. She comes in every Saturday and tends to the Gifts Shoppe while she assists and visits with Jennings residents.
There are three criteria for the Resident Council Choice Volunteer award:
- The winner of the award must volunteer at Jennings.
- The volunteer must work directly with residents.
- The volunteer will be voted on in resident council by a simple majority vote.
Jennings Mildred McIntyre Award for Volunteer of the Year: Patricia Roberts
Pat has worked with residents and staff in the Jennings Garfield Heights Gift Shoppe for 24 years. She comes in most Friday afternoons and befriends all who enter the Gift Shoppe. She is consistent and friendly. For these reasons, she has been awarded Jennings Mildred McIntyre Award for Volunteer of the Year!
The criteria for the Mildred McIntyre Volunteer of the Year award include that the honoree:
- demonstrates consistently high quality of volunteer performance and unusual dedication
- shows team spirit in terms of pitching in, working cooperatively to get a job done, and works above and beyond
- enjoys excellent rapport with staff, residents and their families
- displays excellent attendance and tardiness records
- shows concern for resident’s well-being
- has been a volunteer for 2 years
- acts as a liaison between Jennings and the community