At Jennings, our volunteers are an extension of the Jennings family – compassionate individuals who offer their time and talent to help our campus grow and thrive. Ask one of our volunteers why he or she participates, and you will hear, “I love volunteering here! It let’s me do something I love to do, and I know that what I do is really valuable and appreciated.” Our magnificent community of volunteers at Jennings complements our collaborative and holistic approach to care while sharing their talents.
We are seeking volunteers for the following opportunities:
- Eucharistic Ministers to provide communion to residents who are unable to attend Mass.
- Music Ministry members to help lead singing or play an instrument at the Sunday 9:30a.m. liturgy.
- Hospice Volunteers to support Jennings Hospice patients with compassionate visits.
- Friendly Visitor to spend time with residents.
- Beauty Shop Companions to help residents to and from their appointments on campus (no driving).
- Wellness Center Companions to help residents to and from their appointments on campus (no driving).
- Gift Shoppe Associate to greet customers and operate the register.
- Bus Trip Assistant to assist residents during their shopping outings.
- Survey Assistant to help individuals with satisfaction surveys.
- Therapy Dog Visits for those who own a therapy dog to brighten a resident’s day.
- Readers to read the newspaper or other literature to residents.
- Intergenerational Assistant to assist life enrichment staff.
- Gardeners to assist with planting, weeding and pruning.
All volunteer opportunities at Jennings require the completion of a volunteer application as well as a volunteer orientation prior to starting. Please contact Volunteer Services at (216) 581-2900 if you are interested or wish to discuss more customized opportunities for individuals or groups.